Monday, March 23, 2009

The Cottage Restaurant (Queen St in the Beach)

I've walked by the Cottage many times since it opened in the Beach a few months back. Usually the chef and waitress are sitting at one of the tables looking forlorn. Last Saturday, the place was actually packed and the special sign out front read 'Steamed lobster Benedict'. Well, being the lobster lover that I am, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to give it a go. 
Unfortunately, this turned out to be one of the worst dining experiences of all time. The 'Steamed lobster' was actually canned lobster. They put an English muffin on the plate, put two spinach leaves on the muffin... and then dumped a can of lobster on top. Then they topped it off with a teaspoon of  what I assume was a Hollandaise sauce. Absolutely terrible. I see why it's empty most of the time.
Atmosphere - 1/10
Food - 0/10
Service - 3/10
Value - 0/10
Total cost $22.00 (I would not have paid a penny if I had a choice)
The best part - The home fries were decent.
Recommended - NO.



1 comment:

CRCPAN said...

Hooray! House has a new blog! Great work! Look forward to more soon.